Before beginning this chapter of my teaching experience I set a series of over arching goals to guide me. They are as follows:
- I would like to continue my learning about skills that support students’ learning such as differentiating
instruction and making learning goals clear with the “new generations” of students.
- Learning additional art strategies/activities to foster learning and creative environments for students.
- Continue learning about the use of different assessments such as diagnostic and analyzing summative
results to guide instructional decisions in Art.
Developing as a Professional Educator (Recommendations aligned to the TPEs)
- Being an arts teacher, I want to develop collaboration skills in working with others in integrating the
arts in other content subject areas.
- I want to develop skills to create a community network in arts education in the schools and communities as a whole.
Reflecting back on this past year and the goals I set for myself I realize my strengths are in supporting students learning and differentiating projects to students unique learning styles. Although COVID-19 imposed restrictions on my teaching style, the limitations also allowed for an opportunity to approach old problems differently, including the way I deliver instruction and gauge instructional success. I adopted technology like never before including video instruction and demonstration plus digital art programs that allowed me to track student’s progress in real time. I am proud of the new technical mediums I was able to teach my students to use and leverage in their other classes, including Digital art programs, Google suite including google drawing, plus GIF and animation generators.